A Cartographer creates and draws maps and provides artwork for external assessments, in accordance with SQA policy and instructions.
These activities will be under the direction of the Principal Assessor and staff from SQA’s Qualification Development and Operations business directorates as appropriate.
Outline of duties
- Create and draw maps for external assessments
- Interpret map and geographical data in order to create rescaled/simplified maps and diagrams
- Provide artwork for external assessments
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to demonstrate ability of cartographic skills and have relevant drawing experience
- Be able to interpret maps and geographical data and source appropriate detail
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines
- Have a home computer or laptop with broadband internet connection and a private e-mail address
Successful candidates should:
- Be able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally with SQA staff and other appointees
Key Performance Measures for Cartographers
Each year, on completion of the duties outlined in the Cartographer contract specification, the Cartographer will be measured against the following key performance measures and informed of the outcome in relation to their performance in that year.
1. Create and draw maps and provide artwork as per instructions
2. Quality Assure materials for external assessment in accordance with SQA policy and instruction
3. Complete duties within agreed timescales as per events calendar
4. Positive engagement with all members of SQA staff